Worst Pills, Best Pills

An expert, independent second opinion on more than 1,800 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, and supplements


March 30, 2010

Worst Pills, Best Pills Newsletter article, April 2010

Consumers can play an important role in protecting the public health by reporting to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) the serious health problems they experience while taking prescription drugs and dietary and herbal supplements, or while using medical devices.

What You Can Do

Individuals can report their serious drug or device reactions and problems to the FDA’s MedWatch program. The FDA offers several ways for consumers or health professionals to submit MedWatch reports:

  • Go to the MedWatch Web site at www.fda.gov/medwatch/ and follow the instructions for submitting a report electronically.
  • Fill out and mail the MedWatch form on the next page to the FDA at the following address:

The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program
Food and Drug Administration
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD 20852-9787

Submit a completed form to MedWatch’s fax at 1-800-332-0178 or call the FDA’s toll-free reporting number at 1-800-FDA-1088.

Subscribe or login to find out more about reporting adverse events to Medwatch.