What you don't know about drugs can hurt you.
We should know: We've been fighting Big Pharma and pressuring the FDA to ban or relabel dangerous or ineffective drugs since 1971.
Public Citizen's Health Research Group, publisher of the book Worst Pills, Best Pills and the monthly newsletter Worst Pills, Best Pills News, was founded more than 45 years ago by renowned consumer advocate Dr. Sidney Wolfe. We work for research-based, systemwide changes in health care policy, with a primary focus on improving drug safety and encouraging greater transparency and accountability in the drug approval process.
Since our founding, the independent research of our team of doctors and experts has provided hundreds of thousands of readers with accurate, unbiased information - backed by solid scientific evidence and untarnished by pharmaceutical industry influence.
To maintain our independent status, Public Citizen does not accept funding from corporations, professional associations or government agencies.
Now you can be in the know. Subscribe now to receive:
- an easy-to-use online tool that allows you to find life-saving information on the drugs in YOUR medicine cabinet, as well as diseases, side effects and more, all at the click of a mouse;
- comprehensive, reliable information on several hundred top-selling drugs - including more than 200 drugs that we recommend you not use under any circumstances;
- recommendations on safer alternatives to harmful drugs;
- periodic up-to-the-minute e-mail alerts about newly discovered drug dangers; and
- 12 monthly electronic issues of Worst Pills, Best Pills News — posting weeks before the print edition hits mailboxes — as well as access to every article we've published since 2004.
Drug companies spend billions of dollars persuading you to take their medications. For just $15 per year, you can learn why, in some cases, you shouldn't.